Science Sound Unit

Hi again, everyone, I’m back!

Today I will be talking about sound. I can’t belive we have started this unit!

IT IS SO FUN!

So first, you need to know that there are four properties of sound.

1. Sound can be reflected.
  2. Sound can be absorbed.
  3. Sound can be modified.
  4. Sound is caused by vibrations.

Lets start with the first one. Sound can be reflected. Sound can be reflected off of most hard surfaces, but google says that masonry, a brick bond, like mortar, and concrete are most affective.

We did three experiments in class. One was with a tuning fork. We tapped it on several different objects, several different times. Another was about making a kazoo. I was not here for this experiment. The last one is about making a model ear. We made it out of cardboard, then added clay.

Next is sound can be absorbed. Sound can be absorbed by most things, but again, google gives us suggestions too. Google says that flexible objects, and objects that allow liquid and air to pass through will absorb sound easily.

The third one says that sound can be modified. To modify, or change the pitch/volume of sound, you have to modify the vibration first. To do that, you can go to a speaker, or another device, and turn up/down the volume.

A very good speaker. (don’t ask how I know)

Sound is/are waves. It/they move according to vibrations. Sound is made from vibrations. The waves travel, in a line. Sound can echo well off a dome, because it is uneven. Not strait.

That was my blog post. Thank you for reading.

One thought on “Science Sound Unit”

1. ZOMG that was insane we lernt this stuff a while ago, so your probably not gonna see this but in case you do see this that was great! keep the good work goin’

EGGBOB2👻