Rocks and Minerals: Cookie Excavation!

Hi guys! It’s me, back here to talk about one of my favourite things; rocks and minerals. Today we were exavating cookies! But before that, I need to tell you about rocks and minerals. There are 3 main types of rocks, Sedimentery, Metamorphic, and Igneous. A Sedimentery rock is formed by sand, pebbels, and other materials. Metamorphic rock comes from metamorphis, and can be some kind of rock that has changed during it’s “life”. The change is due to high heat, high pressure or hot mineral change. Igneous rocks have two different types. Intrucive, and extrusive. Intrucive, also known as plutonic, is formed in the inside of the crust, giving it more time do form big crystals. Extrucive, is formed by lava from the surface rapidly cooling, giving little, or no time to form crystals, making the crystals (if there are any) much smaller. Now for the cookies. We excavated a soft cookie, and a hard cookie using toothpicks.

I found that the soft cookie was easier, because on the hard cookie, one small crack, and it all falls apart. Here are my chocolate chips that I excavated.

Before I did all this, I had to complete a sheet. Here it is.
Overall, I loved this expariment. I hope to do it again.